New Orleans teen gets 3 years in juvenile detention for 5-year-old sister’s ‘WWE’-style beating death
NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana — A 13-year-old boy from the New Orleans suburb of Terrytown was sentenced to three years in a juvenile facility today for killing his 5-year-old half sister with his “World Wrestling Entertainment” moves.
Armstrong Desvallons could potentially be released sooner than three years, depending on his progress, NOLA.com reported.
Desvallons has admitted killing Viloude Louis by throwing his body and elbow into the little girl’s body more than a dozen times at the family’s apartment on June 16, the newspaper reported. Authorities said in the days after her death that the girl suffered severe blunt force trauma to the body, multiple internal injuries, including broken ribs, lacerations to the liver and internal bleeding.
Initially charged with manslaughter, Desvallons pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of negligent homicide. He faced a possible sentencing range of probation to five years in a juvenile detention facility.
The judge also required that the teen receive an education and therapy for grief, trauma and anger, NOLA.com reported.
- New Orleans teen gets 3 years in juvenile detention for 5-year-old sister’s ‘WWE’-style beating death (al.com)
- 13-Year-Old Louisiana Boy Sentenced To 3 Years In Juvie After Accidentally Murking His 5-Year-Old Sister Practicing WWE Moves On Her! (bossip.com)
- Louisiana Teen Who Killed 5-Year-Old Sister With WWE Moves Sentenced To 5 Years [PHOTOS] (hiphopwired.com)
- Teen sent to juvenile detention centre after pre-robbery ‘selfie’ (icenews.is)
- Young Indigenous Australians still over-represented in detention (abc.net.au)