Thank you. Annamaria —
Ten years is a long time to lose your son.
But I never gave up hope.
And now my boy is finally home.
My son Ryan was convicted in 2005 of a murder he never committed and had nothing to do with.
He was convicted solely based on the testimony of two “witnesses” who later wrote affidavits that they lied at trial. There was absolutely no evidence tying my son to the crime, and yet he was in prison for almost ten years. But after more than 266,000 people — including you — signed a petition
I started on Change.org, the Western District Court of Appeals voted unanimously to vacate Ryan’s conviction. Even better, Missouri’s attorney general has freed Ryan and guaranteed that he will not be retried. There are too many innocent people trapped in American prisons.
By signing my petition, you shined a light on Ryan’s story. You told the powers that be that you wouldn’t stand for this travesty. And now my son is home. Ryan asked me to share this message with you: “There are few words to describe how I’m feeling at the moment – but let me start with thank you.
I am so exceedingly grateful for all that each of you has done to step up, speak out, and lend a helping hand. I would not be here today without all of your support. I am so excited for what the future holds – thank you! Love Ryan.” I can’t express how good it feels to have a steak and a beer with my son. It’s such a small thing, but I am so grateful. Thank you for making it possible.
Bill Ferguson Columbia, MO P.S.
Ryan is only 29 and has his whole life ahead of him — but because of the decade that was stolen from him, he’s never been to college or had a real job. Two of Ryan’s main supporters are raising money to help give Ryan a head start following his release.
If you want to chip in, click here to learn more.
Some words written by my: This father´s glad letter could only be written because he never give up to fight for his innocent son, who was in prison for a crime, he never did. So, I only want to bring this message to You, who has a child, an husband, a friend….innocent in prison: NEVER GIVE UP YOUR HOPE – DON´T BE SILENT! WRITE, SPEAK, USE SOCIAL-MEDIA – fight for it/him/her – like Bill Ferguson did for his son!Annamaria (Curi56 my blogname) One of the “Online Army” ….
- Mo. man freed after murder conviction overturned (kansascity.com)
- Ryan Ferguson Freed After Spending Almost a Decade in Prison for Murder – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Ryan Ferguson freed after 8 years in jail in killing of Kent Heitholt, Columbia Daily Tribune sports editor (newsday.com)
- Mo. man freed after conviction in 2001 death overturned (foxnews.com)
- Ryan Ferguson freed after spending nearly a decade in prison for murder (whas11.com)
- Missouri Attorney General: We Won’t Re-Try Ryan Ferguson (wibw.com)
- Ryan Ferguson Update: Mo. man jailed for nearly 10 years released – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- VICTORY! Ryan is free YESTERDAY from prison after 10 years (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Ryan Ferguson Innocent: Freed From Prison After 10 Years (hollywoodlife.com)