Florida Teen Stays in Jail For Having Sex With Her Girlfriend
Posted on Oct 4, 2013
Kaitlyn Hunt pleaded no contest to a range of charges, but will be scared the scarlet letter of being branded a sex offender.
Hunt was charged in February with having sex with a 14-year-old female schoolmate. Hunt was 18 at the time. A previous plea deal was withdrawn in August following allegations that Hunt exchanged thousands of texts with the girl and sent her nude photos. A judge revoked her bond, sending her to jail. Prosecutors added a charge of transmitting material harmful to a minor.
Under the terms of Thursday’s deal, Hunt will stay in jail until mid-December but won’t have to register as a sex offender. She is prohibited from having contact with her girlfriend, faces probation and must perform 150 hours of community service.
It’s unknown to this blogger whether Florida also jails straight teens who have sex with their high school classmates, but somehow I doubt it. Not only is Hunt in jail, she can never again see her girlfriend.
Hunt was forced to plead guilty to battery and contributing to the delinquency of a child. Because she’s gay.
Florida: Lowering the bar since 1845.
—Posted by Peter Z. Scheer
- Teen Accused Of Sex With Underage Girlfriend Takes Plea Deal (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Lesbian teen offered new plea deal (news4jax.com)
- Lesbian teen offered new plea deal (naplesnews.com)
- Prosecutors offer 3rd plea deal to gay Florida teen (cnn.com)
- Fla. teen accepts plea deal in underage sex case (azstarnet.com)
- Fla. teen accepts plea deal in underage sex case (news4jax.com)
- Teen accepts plea deal in sex case (local10.com)
- Lesbian Teen Accepts Plea Deal For Having Sex With Underage Girlfriend (tampa.cbslocal.com)
- Fla. teen accepts plea deal in underage sex case (miamiherald.com)
- Florida Teen Stays in Jail For Having Sex With Her Girlfriend (ivoter.net)